What’s up, everyone? I know this Recap is a little late since it’s halfway through September, but the past few weeks have been absolutely chaotic. Plus, I have just re-branded the blog, and since I didn’t want to release this post until I had finally gotten that completely, it pushed this post back a little bit; actually, by a few weeks, as I ran into some technical issues during re-branding.
Since I’m new to Life Recaps and am hoping to develop and expand them more in the coming months, I’ll just start with the basics that happened in August…
Back to School
As some of you all may know, I started my sophomore year of college mid-August. However, what you may not have known is that I transferred schools. I love my new school and classes, but I miss my friends from my old school so much; it’s really hard to not be able to plan movie nights or trips to the dining hall on a whim, but we are always keeping in contact with each other, and I’m hoping to visit them soon.
The beginning of the semester also got off to an interesting start. My first day of class was also the day of the solar eclipse, which means that I was packing a pair of solar eclipse glasses in with my first-day-of school supplies, definitely not something I’d ever thought I’d need for the first day!
In terms of my classes, I’m taking a lot of art courses, since I’m an interior design major. Most of them are prerequisites for my interior design courses, so even though it’s quite time-consuming taking several studio courses at once, I’m really thankful that I won’t be falling behind on the classes I need for my major, since this will keep my on-course.
As some of you may have noticed, my blog became a little dejected in the month of August. My “backup” posts that I had created got shoved aside, as I decided that I wasn’t quite ready to post them yet. This means that I didn’t have anything to post, nor did I have the time to write anything as I was learning what my new routine would be for the semester.
However, just because I wasn’t posting, it doesn’t mean that I wasn’t working on the blog. A lot of the time, I was working on my BLOG RE-BRAND!
I thought about doing this a few months ago (May? June?) and I dismissed the idea, as I said in the respective blog report, but I’ve finally decided to go ahead with it anyway. The re-branding will mainly deal with the name/domain of the blog and a few of the categories may be combined or re-organized over time. Other than that, much of the blog and it’s content will remain the same.
I have another exciting announcement coming up about a project I’m working on, although I’m not sure when I’ll announce it; it all just depends on how much time it takes to finish it. Whenever it gets close, I’ll be sure to let you all know!
My August Reading List
(Disclosure: This section contains affiliate links, where I may receive a compensation for any purchases made through the affiliate links. Of course, I only recommend products that I love. If you want any more information on my disclosure policy, please click here.)
In August, I became obsessed with audio books. I had never tried them before, but now that I’m spending a lot of time commuting, they’ve allowed me to enjoy my commute more than I thought possible. Even better, I can also listen to them while working on my art homework, which gives me an extra bit of motivation.
The audio books that I listened to were the first three books of the Selection series, by Kiera Cass: The Selection, The Elite, and The One. I cannot rave about how much I loved these books, as there was always something going on, whether it was a plot twist, a piece of drama, or more. In truth, I could hardly stop listening to them to get some of my other work done.
August 2017 Blog Report
Now it’s time for the blog report! This blog report is going to be a bit short since I didn’t blog as much in August, but just because I wasn’t posting as much doesn’t mean that I wasn’t working on it!
Just for reference, here are the links to my previous blog reports:
August Blog Posts
- What to Do In and Around Cave City, KY
- This was my second travel post, where I discussed Cave City, KY, which is the home of Mammoth Cave National Park; Mammoth Cave is a place that I have visited too many times to count. This post covered not only the cave, but some other things to do in the local area, some of which are free!
- How to Attend an Out-of-State School for the In-State Price
- When I was doing my college search, I was always disappointed by the insane tuition prices for out-of-state schools. I wanted to be able to see more of the world around me and live in a new region, but I didn’t feel as if that would be possible during college. However, I did begin to learn of some pretty cool ways that allow students to attend an out-of-state school for the in-state price, some of which many students never hear of. The ones that I’ve learned about are detailed in this post!
- Adventures in Blogging: July 2017 Blog Report
- This blog report covered a lot of exciting changes for the blog. From a huge increase in pageviews to details about plenty of new posts that were added and updated, I feel as if it will be a key blog report that I will refer to in future years.
August Social Media Stats
- I ended the month of August with 172 Twitter followers, a gain of 23 from July. This gain was just from normal tweets, as I didn’t do anything that would be special this month.
- I am extremely excited that I ended August with 197 followers on Instagram, an increase of 21 from July. This is so close to the 200 milestone, and I could not be more pleased, especially since I did not post a lot.
- Facebook has never been a huge focus for me, but I did gain two new likes and followers in the month of August, leaving me with 24 and 25, respectively.
- I ended August with 28 followers on Bloglovin’, and increase of 9 from July.
- My Pinterest growth slowed down a bit in August, but I did gain 35 new followers! This means that I ended August with 239 Pinterest followers, something that I’m really pleased with!
August Site Stats
My blog’s growth for the month of August did plateau a little bit, but I think that’s perfectly understandable since I didn’t post very often. However, the blog did experience a little bit of growth, clocking in at 13,091 pageviews for the month, an increase of 308. Since my pageviews remained pretty stable, even though I wasn’t posting a lot, I’m pretty happy with the results. Of course, I am hoping that they go up in September as well, if not at least continue to stay stable around this number.
Here’s what the trend in pageviews looked like in August:
Well, that’s about it for August! I’d like to continue to do my recaps and blog reports together–rather than separate–in future posts if that’s something you all liked.