I’ve been changing the blog a lot over the past few months; this is partly due to learning my blogging voice and style and adapting my blog to fit it, and partly because I’ve been learning more about blogging and what I like to blog about. Some things about the blog are new (like lifestyle and blogging categories), and others I will be changing a bit.
One of those things that I will be changing are my blog reports, because as I sat down to write this report, I realized that it wasn’t something I was looking forward to. Yes, I do value blog reports, and yes, they are something that I like to look back on to see how much my blog has grown. They are a resource for both me and my readers. Ultimately, however, my heart isn’t in them as much as it once was, and they are not the true focus of my blog.
However, I will still be writing them, but they just won’t be as in depth as they have been in the past. I think the best thing is for these to just be a quick review of the month, and I may decide to group the months together in the future; honestly, I’m just not sure yet. I may be testing out different ideas and styles in the future to find something that I like and that I believe will benefit my blog the most.
October Blog Posts
- September 2017 Blog Report
- The previous installment of my blog report series! This one talks a lot about the blog re-brand.
- Why I Decided To Re-Brand My Blog
- Re-branding my blog was a huge decision, and the reasoning behind it was something that I had never discussed leading up to it. This blog report tells you everything you need to know about why I re-branded my blog!
- Where To Find Scholarships
- My scholarship posts have been some of my most popular posts, but I recently realized that I had never explained where I find the scholarships that I apply to! For those of you who are curious and/or want to apply to scholarships for yourselves, this post covers 10 different places to look.
- Pinterest: 296
- Up 35 followers from September’s count of 261. I recently changed the number of pins that will be pinned per day, so I’m hoping this will bring more followers and traffic to my blog, as well as other blogs!
- Instagram: 238
- Up 20 followers from September’s count of 218.
- Twitter: 216
- Up 37 followers from September’s count of 179.
- Bloglovin’: 36
- Up 6 followers from September’s count of 30.
- Facebook: 26 likes/27 followers
- Up 2 likes and 2 followers from September’s respective count of 24 and 25.
October Site Stats
I’m not going to lie: I was not happy with my site stats from October. My site stats continued to decrease from September’s count, clocking in at 5,269, which was a decrease of 495 pageviews. My October goal was to make this number go up, especially since August had a total of 13,091 pageviews, but that didn’t happen this month.
Luckily, however, I think I did figure out the problem. A few weeks ago, I decreased the number of pins I scheduled to pin per day on Pinterest, hoping to make it more manageable and people’s feeds not as saturated with my pins, which could cause unfollowing. Instead, what it did was make my pageviews drop quite a bit, which was not the goal of the experiment. In the last week of October, I fixed my Pinterest schedule so that I would have about 2x more pins per day, and it seems to be doing the trick. Hopefully, this trend will continue.
The Blog Re-Brand
I talked a lot about the blog re-brand in my September blog report, but it is NOW FINISHED! I have updated all of my old posts and changed the categories around, so I’m glad to finally be done with it all. I knew it would be a lot of work, but this was several weeks worth of work. The only thing that I still want to change is my blog logo. The current one was just a temporary logo that I came up during the re-brand so that I could have the new name on the site, but I definitely want a new one to represent my brand better; I’m not sure when this will be happening though.
How do you feel about what happened on the blog in October? Let me know in the comments down below!